Back to News
Posted on 29 Jan 2021
We wanted to update everyone on the COVID vaccination. Whilst we appreciate many patients will be anxious to receive their vaccinations as soon as possible, such calls take our staff away from the vaccination programme and delivering healthcare to patients requiring medical attention. We would urge you all to remain patient and rest assure you will be contacted by the practice and be invited for your vaccine when it is your cohorts time. We are receiving more regular deliveries of vaccines and are pleased to be making progress through the priority groups. We remain committed to delivering the vaccine in as timely a fashion as we can.
What the are the priority groups- who will get the vaccine first?
1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3. all those 75 years of age and over
4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
5. all those 65 years of age and over
6. all individuals aged 16 years[footnote 2] to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality[footnote 3]
7. all those 60 years of age and over
8. all those 55 years of age and over
9. all those 50 years of age and over
For further information please look at the government website: