Medical Clinics and Nursing Services
The practice nurses provide supporting services to the doctors by running their own clinics. Details of regular clinic sessions are available at reception.
Nurse-led clinics include:
• Cardiac clinics for the monitoring of patients with coronary artery disease
• Hypertension clinics for the monitoring and treatment of hypertension
• Well woman and well man checks for advice on health matters, including self-examination
• Blood tests requested by the doctor
• Family planning and cervical smears
• Maternity service: antenatal and postnatal care (midwives)
• Menopause/HRT clinic: regular weekly sessions
• Epilepsy: advice and monitoring
• Asthma/respiratory care and pulmonary disease management
• Diabetes control and care
• Immunisations: routine immunisation for children and adults, and for overseas travel. It is recommended to book your travel appointment at least 4 weeks before your departure date.
Smoking Cessation Support
Smoking Cessation support is offered by Well Pharmacies and Rowland's Pharmacies. For general enquiries you can ring FREEPHONE - 0800 085 8818.
Immunisation and Travel Advice
Routine immunisations required within the UK, eg tetanus and polio, can be given by appointment at nurses' general clinics.
Regular health clinics are run by the nurses. Here they give advice on aspects of healthcare for people planning to travel overseas, but note that appointments should be made well in advance of proposed travel. A charge may be made for some vaccines given at these. As appointments for these clinics at short notice may not be available, patients urgently requiring vaccines may be advised to contact local commercial travel advice clinics.
Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group Services
Several services are provided by independent providers, funded by the ECCCG. These health professionals work as part of our extended primary care team. These treatments are available only on referral by doctors for specific services, such as:
||Chiropody (High risk patients only)
||Community Psychiatric Nurse
These services include:
• Private medical certificates
• Insurance and legal reports
• Certificates for private medical insurers
• Fitness to drive examinations
• Some foreign travel vaccinations and certificates
• Completing private medical treatment and claim forms
Allow seven days for the completion of forms/letters
Information on these services, for which charges are made, can be obtained from our receptionists. Fees are updated annually in line with BMA recommendations.